Saturday 24 October 2015

Autumn Nail Polish Picks

  L-R: OPI - Bright Lights Big Color / Essie - Dressed to Kilt / Loreal - Parisian Rooftops / Essie - Madison Ave-Hue 

The weather is cooling down and with the clocks going back an hour this weekend, it finally feels like Autumn is here.  I definitely am someone who wears which ever colour I want at any given time (regardless of season) but I do find myself reaching more for darker colours as Winter approaches the same way I reach for brighter ones in Summer. I'm not quite ready to go to my super dark polishes just yet, so thought I would share with you what I have been enjoying to wear as we transition into Winter.. 



Essie - Dressed to Kilt /  This is a little deeper than your average red, so I think it works really well for this time of year. I love wearing red on my nails but like all reds, this was a little unforgiving. Any chip or scuff was very noticeable!

Essie - Madison Ave-Hue / I find the dustyness of this blue toned pink really tones the colour down, which makes me really enjoy it for this time of the year. It also has a silver shimmer which is very evident in the bottle but a little hard to spot on the nail.

Loreal - Parisian Rooftops / I have quite a few grey coloured polishes in my collection but this is definitely one of my favourties. I like how deep it is and that it is a little more blue toned than my others. It also lasted really well, didn't chip for days!

OPI - Bright Lights Big Color / This is one of my absolute favourite polishes so really I try to make it work all year round.. Something about the gorgeous shimmery orange just seems very autumnal to me though.  

What have you been wearing on your nails recently? I'd love to know!
Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Blog Index

6 comments:

  1. I love your picks, there gorgeous. I haven't painted my nails in so long. I use to do it religiously but not so much anymore xx

    Kate | A British Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these shades, they look so pretty. My favourite is the loreal one. Lovely post, gorgeous photos <3

    Valentina from FASHION with VALENTINA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the L'Oreal polishes because I find that they apply really well :D

    Alice - the-rose-glow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is the only L'Oreal polish that I own but I agree, I really like this one!

      Delete