Monday 9 July 2012

Review: Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation


I recently had to repurchase my Chanel Vialumiere Aqua foundation as my current one is finally running out and I thought since I have now used almost a full bottle it was about time I did a review on it! I originally bought this foundation after hearing lots (and lots) of good things about it last year and while I was at the airport and in duty free I decided to give it a go. Needless to say, it became my favourite very quickly and since buying it I have not used anything else.

The thing I love most about this foundation is the way it feels on your skin. I HATE the feeling of having a thick and heavy foundation on my face but this is so light it feels like you aren't wearing anything. It has quite a thin consistency (I decided not to include pictures as I'm sure you've seen them before) and blends into your skin really nicely. I'm am someone who worries that the more foundation I put on the more orange I am going to look and the more you will be able to tell I have slapped on my foundation but I feel like I you build this up without looking orange or having to worry.

I personally quite like the smell but I think for people who don't like the smell of rose then you might not like it, although after applying it to your face the smell fades quickly and I don't recall smelling it again during the day. I never touch up my make up during the day and this lasts really well. I also noticed that with the foundations I was using before this, my skin would look really dry and flaky in places after applying them but since I have started using this I have found that problem to be significantly better.

I am someone who doesn't wear make up every day, so I'm not sure how long a 30ml bottle of this would last someone who does but I have currently been using mine for 11 months and am only now just noticing that it is starting to run out.

The ONLY criticism I have of this product is it's coverage. I am someone with quite troublesome skin and I wish this foundation would cover better on the days when I feel like I really want a heavier coverage.. However, as far as evening out my skin tone I feel like this works really well and I like how it looks.

When I bought this I was also given a sample of their Hydra Beauty gel creme moisturiser. I haven't used this yet but I did try some out on my hand and it smells amazing!

Phew. If you read all that then it probably obvious that I love this foundation!
Have you used it? What do you think?
Do you know of a Chanel foundation with better coverage that I should try out next?

I bought mine in the shade B20 at House of Fraser at £32 for 30ml

9 comments:

  1. great review :-)

    Have a beautiful day

    http://britishrandomnesss.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a really good foundation! I use the Chanel compressed powder on top of some MAC tinted moisturiser, and both have lasted me ages too! And like you, I don't tend to wear make-up everyday. I went through a faze of doing that, but soon got out of it, haha :) Great review xo

    http://domandellie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no need to wear make up every day but it works out for me because when I can look at it as this foundation lasting me around a year, it makes the cost of it not seem so bad, haha :)

      Chelle x

      Delete
  3. Great review, I have problem skin but I hate heavy foundations! Most days I just wear a BB Cream and use concealer on my bad areas so this sounds like it might be perfect! What is the wear time like? I'm off to L.A this weekend so might pick it up in duty free... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I first picked this up in duty free too.. then fell in love with it and repurchased it at full price.
      The wear is really good, I do find I look a teeny bit oily at the end of the day but I think I would expect that after X amount of hours with any foundation.

      Have fun in LA!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for replying, some people say it does get a little oily but tbh I dont mind doing a little touch up midday! From what you've said I think I will give it a go :)

      Delete
    3. I'd be interested to hear what you think of it!

      Delete
  4. thank you for this link. I was matched this colour on line. I would like more coverage but I can just build it up I'm thinking,add a little powder. I really have high hopes :)
    http://kimiandme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete