Sunday 23 September 2012

NYX Jumbo eye pencils


After hearing so much about these NYX Jumbo eye pencils on YouTube, I couldn't wait to try them out for myself and see what all the fuss was about. I decided to try 'Milk' and 'Cottage Cheese', although they do a total of 28 shades!


Milk

Cottage Cheese

The pencils have a creamy consistency which means they can be used as eye shadow or as a base for eye shadow, as well as a highlight for the tear duct area or even as an eye liner. They apply and blend out really nicely, leaving a wash of colour on your skin. 

If the amount of product you see is all that you get, then I think these are a little bit pricey but I've read other reviews which say you can sharpen these pencils but since they're in plastic packaging, I've yet to figure out how! 

These pencils are priced at £4.50 each and now that that NYX is available to buy online in the UK, you can check them out by clicking here.

Have you tried these jumbo eye pencils or anything else from NYX?

17 comments:

  1. Been wanting to get Milk for ages! Didn't even know we can buy it in the UK, thank you so much for sharing :) xxx

    http://makeupbeautyshopping.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just recently saw someone leave the link to the website on Twitter. I wasn't aware of it either. They're a little bit more expensive to buy here than what you would pay in the US though of course.

      Delete
  2. I also bought these because of the hype! I don't use them often, so I kinda wish that I wouldn't have purchased them! Great post! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was always worried about using them as an eye liner but I see so many people do it now and think they're referred to as eye liners on the website.

      Delete
  3. Shame they don't twist up like Revlon Kissable Lipbalms!. Great Post Ax

    http://thequirkyfox.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they did, that would make them so much easier. I have no idea how you sharpen then, I'm going to have to Google it!

      Delete
  4. You can buy a specific NYX sharpener from their website for them :) ive got another random sharpener that they fit into though. There's also tons of videos on youtube on how to depot them if you wanted to put them in to little plastics pots :)

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you need a special sharpener? I still don't see how it works since they're plastic. I'll look into it, thanks :)

      Delete
  5. I haven't tried them and it might be silly but the names really put me off....! :P

    LIQUORICE Blog

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think 'Cottage Cheese' is a weird name, haha (:

      Delete
  6. I really like the look of milk! I really need to get around to purchasing some of these... It's annoying that they don't twist up from the bottom though, they look like they should!
    Eleanor x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried to twist them up but they don't, I wish they would too.

      Delete
  7. I want to try both of these purely because as you said, they've been raved about! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't wait to try the Revlon lip butters when they first came out in the UK either for the same reason.

      Delete
  8. Been wanting to try these out for ages!

    Terri x
    http://fortheloveofallthingsgirly.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now they're a bit easier to get in the UK :)

      Delete
  9. http://makeupbeautyshop.com

    ReplyDelete