Friday 28 September 2012

NOTD Accessorize - Steel


Now that Autumn is officially here, I have started to pull out my darker nail polish shades, which has been something I've been looking forward to doing for a few weeks now! Today's nail polish is 'Steel' by Accessorize, which is a purple toned grey colour and which has a metallic finish to it. If I'm honest, I don't think I really like this colour on my nails and that may be due to the metallic look it has - I'm not the biggest fan of metallic polishes. 

It took three coats and a white toned base coat to get the opacity shown in the picture and after two days of wear (without a top coat) you can see it is just starting to chip at the ends.

Do you have any polishes from Accessorize?
They have a huge range of colours but I find them to be very hit and miss. 

8 comments:

  1. I'm yet to try any Accessorize polishes because I find them to be a little bit cheap looking and none of their colours stand out to me. Some of their lipsticks look nice, though! xx

    http://www.paintpotted.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few and some of them I like but some I really don't like. I've found them to be so hit and miss that it's put me off buying any more.

      Delete
  2. I agree! they are very hit and miss. I have a coral one I bought last summer & seldom use it. They do chip really easily.
    If I use it, it tends to be for a one off for a night out.

    I do like the colour of this one though, Its just a shame the quality of the polishes tend to be a little poor.
    xxx

    www.littleboblab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is because I think they have such a good colour range. If they were better and I knew I wouldn't be disappointed, I would probably own a tonne of them!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous colour, looks much better on than in the bottle. I swatched a few when shopping the other day and they really do differ in quality! Found your blog in tonights bbloggers chat, now following :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the differences between them are pretty big. Thanks :)

      Delete
  4. love that colour! ive never bought any polishes from accessorize but will have to have a browse.

    loving your blog now following you.

    fashionistaface.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was drawn into their collection by the pretty colours. Thanks :)

      Delete