Monday 1 December 2014

Scrub Series: Boots Mango Sugar Scrub




Ugh! Today's scrub is the Mango Sugar Scrub from Boots and to put it in simple terms: I do not like it at all. It smells good, really good actually with it's sweet mango scent and it's a fun bright yellow colour but not only does it fail on the scrubby-ness factor (very gentle) but it left my skin feeling disgusting. I used this on my arms and legs and when I got out the bath and got dressed my skin felt like I had rubbed butter or vaseline all over it. It felt like an oily sticky mess, I almost got back into the bath again to try and wash it off. It also left my bath looking really grubby. Usually, no matter what products I've used, my quick once over of the bath is enough to keep it looking clean between actual cleans but this stuff just wouldn't come off. On top of that, other products I had used stuck to wherever it was and just ended up looking a huge mess. The scrub is incredibly thick, if you run you fingers over it to feel the texture, it doesn't even leave any kind of dent.

At £8, it's not exactly a cheap scrub either. I've used this only once and the only reason I will use it again, if at all, will be to try and use it up to not waste it. Have you used this scrub? I'd love to know what you thought about it..

Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram
Some past scrubs:
Soap and Glory Sugar Crush
Soap and Glory Pulp Friction

4 comments:

  1. OH NO that's a shame I thought it would be fab especially as I love body shops one xxx

    Blonde Of Carbs


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no no, it's not from the Body Shop, it's a Boots one!

      Delete
  2. Oh, what a shame! I does seem a tad overpriced for a Boots own brand kind of thing, I'd rather spend the £8 towards the Soap & Glory Breakfast Scrub!

    Lauren x
    http://whatlaurendidtoday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely rather put the £8 towards a Soap and Glory one!

      Delete